Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Times They Are Changin'

So it’s been awhile since I’ve posted. I feel like I haven’t able to post simply because I haven’t been able to put all these new thoughts and ideas into words. I hadn’t dug deep enough into myself to figure all of this out. Not that I have it all figured out at this point but I’ve found some clarity. This semester I knew was going to be good but I think it’s actually better than I expect.

Hightlights
Currently, I’m trying to get an internship with the AMAZING rehab center here in Searcy that focuses on alcoholism (cross your fingers)

As of today, I will have finished my detox!! 2 months!!! This is like the best feeling I’ve ever had. I’ve never felt so healthy and good in my life. It literally changed my taste buds, probably the best thing I’ve ever done for myself. I feel like a changed person

I joined a gym!! It’s awesome! I started a yoga class Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:00am. I felt like everyone I know was doing yoga so clearly that meant I had to try it haha PLUS after reading eat.pray.love I REALLY had to do it :]

I dyed my hair blonde! I needed a change in my hair to represent the change in my life. Y’all know how I feel about my hair so it’s good. I really like it. It feels fresh and new.

I started reading this book called One Thousand Gifts.
There is no way for me to type all the ways this book is changing my life.
It feels like in another life I am this woman. Some of the stuff she writes I swear I wrote down somewhere.
It is so good.

So far since January, the topic that has continued to be brought up to me either by teachers in class or books has been attitude. Learning how to choose your attitude instead of letting your environment. I know this sounds so corny but I feel like my whole life I’ve been a victim to circumstances. Obviously, I was too young then and hadn’t been given the tools to process my world differently but now that I’m older and I do have more say in my life I feel convicted to live differently.

I feel like for the first time ever I’m actually living my life. I’m making choices and not just saying what I hate or what I want to change but actually, changing.
Well I guess that’s all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment